Thursday, June 9, 2011

Black Holes Can't Escape Chuck Norris

WARNING: Both the title and the content of this blog post are entirely inspired by a crazy idea I got by clicking around. Your sanity may be at risk. You have been warned!


So I was about to create a new post for my own amusement (considering I am lacking any form of reader base) when the Google suggestion window popped up for the title of the post. Now, normally I ignore the suggestion window in such occasions and go on typing, but when I noticed that the first suggestion was "Black Holes Can't Escape Chuck Norris" I was amused. Considering my blog is now about Internet subculture, I decided this was a sufficiently interesting topic (and it gave me an excuse to do absolutely no thinking). The phenomenon of Chuck Norris' popularity on the internet is pretty ridiculous, considering more people probably know about the meme of Chuck Norris than know who he is or that he had a show called "Walker, Texas Ranger." Nevertheless, he will continue to only grow in internet icon status until everyone knows that the god of the internet is the king of bada** and the unconquerable warrior known as Chuck Norris. Subsequently, a cult on par with the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster will arise and all will know that Chuck Norris will not die (despite what the supposedly unbiased Wikipedia says) he will only reincarnate as further levels of bada**. Feel free to share your favorite Chuck Norris jokes in the comments.

No comments: